Owen Rintisch, Hearing Instrument Practitioner at Fraser Valley Beltone’s new Chilliwack location.
Psst… have you heard? Fraser Valley Beltone is celebrating the grand opening of it’s Chilliwack location next month!
“We’re thrilled to be bringing our services to the Chilliwack community,” says owner Scott Hyde. “This is our third full service clinic and that’s a pretty big accomplishment for us, being a small, family-owned business.”
Join Scott and his team of hearing care professionals on Sept. 12 from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a small ribbon cutting ceremony to mark the occasion. Guests attending the grand opening on Sept. 12 can look forward to a light lunch, prizes and a $500 off coupon for use on a future hearing aid purchase in store during the event.
The new location in Chilliwack offers free, comprehensive hearing tests and hearing aid services as needed.
How do you know if you need a hearing test?
“Everyone over the age of 50 should be getting tested once a year,” Hyde says. “There are also some early symptoms that should not be ignored, regardless of your age or when you last got tested.”
Hyde suggests booking an appointment if you or a loved one are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Trouble hearing conversations: If you find yourself frequently asking people to repeat themselves or nodding along when you didn’t quite catch what someone said, then it’s time to have your hearing checked.
- Constant or frequent ringing in the ears: While occasional ringing in the ears is nothing to worry about, constant or frequent ringing in your ears is another symptom of hearing loss you shouldn’t ignore.
- Hearing loss in one ear: Losing hearing in one ear exclusively can be a symptom of a much more serious condition and should be assessed as soon as possible.
- Trouble hearing in loud environments: When there is to much background noise like in a mall, park or even a family gathering it can be hard for people with untreated hearing loss to distinguish words. If you find conversations in noisy situations difficult to navigate these days, it’s time to book a hearing assessment.
- Constant or frequent ear pain or discomfort: Pain or discomfort in the ear can suggest infection, injury or other underlying conditions. It’s important to get an assessment, just as you would with any other new pain or discomfort in your body.
Book your next appointment at Fraser Valley Beltone’s newest location at #102 5535 Vedder Road or call them at 604-705-1120. Find more information online at fraservalleybeltone.com and follow them on Facebook and Instagram.