Cooler mornings and earlier nights mean one thing (No, not pumpkin spice season): fall rains and winter chill are on the way. The good news? Summer is just a drive away!
If you’d prefer to celebrate summer year-round, the 28th Snowbird RV Show & Sale coming to the Abbotsford Tradex Sept. 21 to 24, has the solution…many solutions, in fact!
“It’s the first year since COVID that snowbirding is fully back and we’re really seeing interest in southern travel increasing again,” says show manager Mandi Brix, noting that more Canadians are choosing RV snowbirding than ever before, and it’s not only retirees who are seeking the sun.
“With remote work opportunities here to stay for many people, we’re seeing more who are taking their ‘office’ south for the winter. And rather than renting a home in one place, an RV offers much more flexibility, ” Brix says.
“Others who embraced RVing during COVID are looking to explore new destinations outside Canada, especially for the colder months.”
The Snowbird RV Show has lots to satisfy both sets of travellers! Here’s a look at what’s planned:
- More destinations to explore. “With travel restrictions lifted, we’re thrilled to feature more southern RV resorts and travel destinations, including both the U.S. and Mexico,” Brix says. Representatives will be on hand to share information about their destinations, what visitors can experience there and more.
- Informative speakers. Questions about the RV lifestyle? Overwhelmed by the many RV choices? Don’t know if you can take your four-legged bestie on the road? Knowledgeable speakers will share valuable insights and information at over 20 free seminars, and alongside the many on-site exhibitors, are happy to answer your questions.
- RVs to explore … and purchase. Six of the Fraser Valley’s premier RV dealerships will have more than 200 RVs of all shapes and sizes to explore, from easy-tow teardrop units to luxurious homes-away-from-home. This is your chance to check out the features, test the layouts and talk to the experts who know everything RV – all in one place. And yes, if you find your dream RV, you can buy it here, too!
- Live entertainment. New this year is live, local music from Greg Neufeld, Danielle Ryan and others to enjoy Thursday to Saturday from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Awesome prizes. Among the stand-out prizes on offer are a Vancouver Island getaway, featuring an RV rental, a stay at Pathfinder Resort in Parksville, ferry costs and more. There’s also a cash prize of $5,000 up for grabs for anyone who purchases an RV at the show.
Your road to the sun starts here!
The Snowbird RV Show & Sale comes to the Tradex in Abbotsford Sept. 21 to 24. Skip the line and buy your tickets online here then take in all the fun from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday to Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Learn more and plan your visit at rvshowscanada.ca