Daryl Turner, store owner at M&M Food Market in Royal Oak.
As we try to make the most of summer’s longer days and warm evenings, squeezing everything in can be tricky. An easy – and flavourful! – solution? Make your next barbecue or family potluck memorable for all the right reasons with a ready-made appetizer or dessert.
“Summer get-togethers should be about connecting with our friends and family,” says Daryl Turner, store owner at M&M food market in Royal Oak. “You shouldn’t feel stressed out about what to bring or finding time to make something from scratch.
“Our wide range of prepared appetizers and desserts take the stress out of spontaneous summer barbecues, making it easier to focus on what really matters: spending quality time with friends and family.”
M&M Food Market has a wide variety of pre-made meals, appetizers, desserts and more, many of which are ready to go in 20 minutes or less with zero prep involved. Here are our top four, favourite summer appetizers that are ready in a flash, plus an easy summer dessert that requires no cooking at all, to help make your next get-together a breeze!
- Taco bites: With two filling options available, zesty black bean and cheddar or a chipotle chicken, these crispy taco bites are perfect for everyone to enjoy! Ready to go in less than 20 minutes, toss them into the oven while you and the family get ready for the party.
- Chicken pineapple mini-skewers: With a touch of summer sweetness, these char-grilled, mini-chicken skewers are a perfect appetizer to toss on the barbecue and enjoy with friends and family.
- Bacon-wrapped Jalapeno shooters: If you haven’t tried M&M’s new bacon-wrapped jalapeno shooters you’re in for a treat. Spicy and savoury, these are the perfect addition to dinner or as a burger topping for those looking to add some bite to their evening.
- Street corn empanada bites: Bring home a little taste of Mexico with M&M’s street corn empanada bites, another new product that’s a must try before the summer is over. Each empanada bite is generously-stuffed with a Elote-inspired mix of corn and cream cheese. Oven- and air fryer-friendly, these tasty Mexican-inspired bites are ready in only 10 minutes!
- Mini white chocolate raspberry cheesecakes: Finish the evening with the perfect bite-sized summer dessert, no cooking required! These mini-white chocolate raspberry cheesecakes are easy to pick-up along the way and pop into a fridge to thaw.
Learn more at M&M Food Market here or visit them in store at 4442 West Saanich Rd. #107, Royal Oak Shopping Centre. And be sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram for meal inspiration!